Resolutions: Do they work?
New Year’s resolutions…do they work? Debatable. First and foremost, you have to believe you can achieve your goals. I also like the idea of setting SMART goals- Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely.
I recently set the goal, (or had the goal set for me) to complete the 62 day challenge at Y2 Yoga. November 1st-January 1st take 62 classes in 62 days. The SMART goal was already set for me when I started this challenge. It was just up to me to show up. Check.
nonSMART goal: I will lose weight.
Instead of setting a bunch of resolutions about running a 10K, , losing 10 pounds and all that blah I always do, I decided this year I am going to enjoy some fun things instead.
Kacy’s Bucket List for 2013:
1. Go on a hot air balloon ride. (maybe for my birthday in May…)
2. Get a new flat iron. (just waiting on the Ulta sale!)
3. Go on an awesome trip. (Booked- Punta Cana 2/23)
4. Ride on a segway. (Already bought the Groupon!)
5. Try out FlyWheel and FlyBarre. (I can go for free now, so there is no excuse)
7. Get a new puppy this summer. (list of names already written out)
8. Get a white ink tattoo. (design and artist already chosen)
9. Do a revolved bird of paradise. (yoga move)
10. Take a yoga workshop in Asheville.
What will you do in 2013?