Happy Sunday! I am excited to do another Instagram Challenge this month. It has been a while, and I really like the poses featured in this one. It is called Basic Yoga Mix, and as we get a little further long, the poses look anything but basic. (I’ll modify if needed!)
Day 1: Virabhadrasana 1 or Warrior 1.
- Stretches the chest and lungs, shoulders and neck, belly, groins (psoas)
- Strengthens the shoulders and arms, and the muscles of the back
- Strengthens and stretches the thighs, calves, and ankles
Day 2: Plank Pose- (My friend Jim is in high plank, I am in forearm plank)
- Strengthens the arms, wrists, and spine
- Tones the abdomen
Day 3: Trikonasana or Triangle pose.
- Stretches and strengthens the thighs, knees, and ankles
- Stretches the hips, groins, hamstrings, and calves; shoulders, chest, and spine
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Improves digestion
Day 4: Salabhasana or Locust Pose.
- Strengthens the muscles of the spine, buttocks, and backs of the arms and legs
- Stretches the shoulders, chest, belly, and thighs
- Improves posture
- Stimulates abdominal organs
Day 5: Bakasana or Crow Pose.
- Strengthens arms and wrists
- Stretches the upper back
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- Opens the groins
- Tones the abdominal organs
It’s never to late to join a challenge…(Feel free to tag me @kacypleasants) I would love to see your pictures!
I have my first donation class for September Project 12 at Laughing Buddha this Saturday 9/12 7:30am. The class will be all levels and last an hour. All donations (cash, check or toothpaste) go to Thompson. See you there!