I am really excited to rent an office for the month of August with my best friend and fellow energy worker, Amanda. We plan on booking clients for Reiki and Intuitive Energy Healing. When I tell people (that have never done it) what I am doing, they are usually really surprised. I get it. I was a big skeptic to all this a few years ago as well. In fact, I went to my first session with the intent to blog about it all being complete BS. It didn’t take long for me to realize that this was the real deal, and I began to feel amazing…centered, balanced, and level. I became a believer and decided to learn as much as possible and get certified. I received my level one training in March, and my level two training in May. Next up? Master Level. That is on my #37in37 list!
I get questions all the time about energy, energy work, and the benefits. Here is the long and short of it. (some information borrowed from True Shining Self)
What is energy? EVERYTHING. Energy is light, heat, sound, mass, moving objects, gravity, fuel, chemicals and electricity. Energy is everywhere, and the most basic building block of life. It flows through everything and creates everything. Every cell in the body stores and emits electricity. Every breath we take, every muscle we move and every bite of food we digest involves electrical activity. Our memories, feelings, emotions and thoughts are also patterns of tiny electrical impulses. Our body has electromagnetic energies. The body’s energy systems (meridians, chakras, aura) all put out energy.
- Meridians – the body’s energy pathways
- Chakras – the body’s energy centers
- Aura – the body’s energy atmosphere
What is energetic healing?
Energetic Healing is a branch of complementary and alternative medicine. It’s an umbrella term used for any therapy that works with the energy circuits in our physical or subtle bodies to regain balance and help our body heal.
Basically, when we are healthy we are “at ease”. Disease (dis – ease) is the result of the body and its energy systems being out of balance. The body knows how to heal itself and with energetic healing we can work with the body’s energy into healing itself. FOR REAL!
What are the benefits of Energetic Healing?
- Energetic healing helps the healing process by clearing blocks in energy fields. For example, each of these four things can be stored in our energy field and energy healing works to clear these: trauma, stress, false beliefs, physical distress.
- Energetic healing can also help identify issues before they manifest as disease in the body. It brings to our awareness the areas we need to work through and heal in order to bring balance in our lives and maintain health and vitality.
- Energy healing repairs and rebalances our energy so that the body functions at its best. Our energies are a very delicate balance and we become sick or perhaps don’t feel 100% when our energy flows are disturbed or blocked. Energy imbalances can result from both internal and external factors:
- Internal: trauma, phobias, anxiety, stress, childhood programming, limiting beliefs, neurological/biochemical/structural imbalances, fears, nutrition, exercise, posture, remaining in situations that are not fulfilling or in harmony with our needs.
- External: Environmental stresses, toxins, geopathic phenomena, astrological phenomena
Personally, energy work is an extremely important part of my life now. Physically, it helps with my UC symptoms, and I get relief with my low back issues. Mentally, it helps to sort through the clutter in my monkey mind, so I can be as productive as possible, and meet my professional goals. Emotionally, it has helped me deal with the grief in losing my dad in January, and helped me with communicating what I need in my relationships.
My friend Amanda attributes her energy work to helping her work though and change behavioral and emotional patterns, grief after losing her husband, lose weight, and change the self talk from criticism to love and acceptance. The biggest part for her is that its helped her to shed the layers and reconnect with her truest self.
My teacher and mentor, Jonathan says the biggest benefits from energy work are stress relief and disease prevention.
My healer, Dana says the biggest benefit from energy work is recognizing where current coping mechanisms, patterns, and beliefs aren’t serving you. Receiving energy can help you to embrace self-empowerment enough to shift that old behavior, and move into the life you have dreamed of. She has had clients feel lighter, better, grow more harmonious in their relationships, and have chronic pain dissipate. Others have recognized a solution to a problem, that prior to energy treatment, they were unable to solve.
I tell clients all the time that the worse thing that is going to happen is that you don’t feel amazing for as long as you want to. Everyone is different. For me, I need a session every 3-4 months. I start to feel heavy, clouded, and unfocused. Some people need a monthly session, others are good with once a year.
What happens in a session with me? First, we sit and talk for a bit. I suggest you bring a list of questions or issues that you want help with. After we chat, I get you on the table and “rake” your aura, seal up any holes, balance your chakras, clear your meridians, and fill you up with healing loving light.
We are running a special for the month, so take advantage and book a session today!
1 session: $100
3 sessions: $250
5 sessions: $375