I have fat fasted for 5 days straight. It was amazing and awesome and I’m sorry it’s over. I wish I could say I had horrible headaches, or the ketoflu, but I didn’t. I felt energized, clear-headed, and lost 8 pounds. My husband is so impressed, he is doing a modified fat fast next week! I just prepped a bunch of food for us, so we are ready for the week.
This whole fat fast was not that far off from how I normally eat. I just switched the fat and protein ratio around. I realized doing this how much protein I was eating. I am not a body builder. There is no reason I need to eat over 120 grams of protein everyday. I also did not stay within the 1,000 calorie a day restriction. I usually was in the 1,200 range, and even up to 1,600 some days. (I was starving and I teach/practice a lot of hot yoga, so I modified that part a bit.)
I did not always make the healthiest choices for my mini meals, but who does? Pork rinds dipped in sour cream. This was fun and delicious and it was allowed on the plan, so I went for it.
Everyday I had some type of salad…which I do normally anyway. The difference was that I eliminated some of the protein, and added fat. This salad has a tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 cup of goat cheese. Usually, I would have added chicken or tuna, and only half of the goat cheese and olive oil.
I posted the menu for day one and day two in an earlier post… if you want to read that click here. (These two days, I lost 2.2 pounds, and 2.4 pounds for a total of 4.4 in two days. Over the next 3 days I lost 2.8, 1.0, then gained .4 pounds, making my total weight loss 8 pounds.)
- Coffee with 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBS Crazy Richards peanut butter (This is the BEST! It is the only peanut butter I feed my kids…ingredients: peanuts. no oil, no salt, no organic cane syrup…which is sugar!)
- I cup of romaine, 1 roma tomato, 1/4 cup goat cheese, 1 TBS olive oil, splash of red wine venegar
- 1 ounce of macadamia nuts
- 4 small ribs
- 2 deviled eggs (yolks only)
- 9 pork rinds dipped in 4 TBS of sour cream
- coffee with 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 14 pieces of pepperoni with 2 TBS of whipped cream cheese
- 1 ounce of almonds and a cucumber
- coffee (iced) with 1/4 cup heavy cream
- cucumber/tomato salad (with TBS olive oil)
- Green Beans
- 14 pieces of pepperoni with 2 TBS of whipped cream cheese (I ate this at 8:00pm. I don’t normally eat a meal that late at night, but I taught 3 yoga classes that day, plus did a class called Arms and Abs, and my car battery died. I needed some extra calories.
- Coffee with 2 tablespoons of butter
- EAS AdvantEdge protein shake
- Chick Fil’A grilled chicken breast and an avocado ( I brought it with me)
- Coffee (iced) with 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBS Crazy Richards peanut butter.
- 2 light beers
- 8 buffalo wings with carrots, celery and ranch dressing
(I am thinking the beers and breaded wings is what did me in on this day…)
So, what happens now? Was this water weight and will it come back on? I hope not! My plan is to increase my calories back to 1, 500 per day and change my fat/protein/carb ratio to 70/20/10. (This is very similar to Atkins induction.)
Wish me Luck!