I am on the Launch Team for Jen Hatmaker’s new book, For The Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards. If you know me, you know how much I love Jen Hatmaker. Crazy love. She is my ultimate woman crush. I read her books, read her blog, watch her shows, listen to her podcasts…I toe the line on stalking. I started Project 12 after reading her book 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess. Then I read her book Interrupted, and felt compelled to change the world again. Basically she changed my life, and I am so grateful for her beautiful soul. (I just wish she knew how much she would love me…I mean, we could be best friends!)
A friend of mine posted on my timeline that Jen Hatmaker was accepting applications for a launch team for her new book. (which comes out in August…but you can preorder HERE) I had some doubts, but went ahead and decided to go for it. I thought it was a long shot, so I didn’t put too much thought into after that. Honestly, I thought some other really unworthy feelings, and said some stuff to myself that I would never say to a friend. (why do we do this?)
A few days later I received an email saying they had over 5,000 applications that were submitted. There are only 500 spots to fill, so again the doubt in my head started to creep in. (Would someone tell doubt to shut up and leave us alone?)
Yes. Doubt, shut up. Unworthiness, shut up. Just stop coming around, because I am worth a ton. I am grateful, loving, and open. And guess what? I am one of those 500. I am good enough.
I was shaking with excitement when I heard the news. I called my husband immediately, and of course had to break the news to him. Jen could possibly ask me to marry her during this whole process…I just want him to be prepared.
Here is the deal with being on the Launch Team…
- We get an early copy of the book
- Jen is asking us (instead of celebrities) to endorse the book
- When reading, if something speaks to us, we shout it out on social media, with the hashtag, #forthelove (are you following me on FB, Twitter and Instagram?)
- I do have to wait to do a full review on my blog until launch week (sorry to keep ya’ll in suspense)
- We were invited to a private FB page, where Jen herself has liked and commented. ” I cant even.” (Her words. My words. Our words.)
- Proofread for typos, and other editing stuff.
I am still bursting with the excitement around this. Stay tuned for some teasers! (you know this book is going to be amazing!)